Shishi AS Code of Conduct/Ethics
Shishi AS is a Norwegian-Estonian joint venture established in 1998 based in Tallinn, Estonia, the main business is import/export and wholesale of decorative items such as pottery, vases, candles, candleholders, seasonal decoration, artificial flowers and plants.
Shishi AS have created this Code of Conduct/Ethics because we want to promote high standard in the way we do business and therefore we expect of our employees, partners and suppliers to act the same way in integrity, and ethical behavior. Our success is a result of hard work, creativity and innovation, we expect all our employees, partners, and suppliers to protect Shishi`s intellectual property rights, including trade secrets and other confidential or proprietary information
Principles and Ethics
Law and Regulations
Shishi AS will act in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
Conflicts of interest
Each of us must act in an ethical way and avoid situations where our personal interests gets in conflict with the interest of Shishi AS or in situations where they cannot act in the interests of Shishi AS. Integrity is, and must continue to be, the basis of all our business relationship.
- Employees must maintain the confidentiality of non-public information entrusted to them by Shishi AS, partners, customers and suppliers, except when disclosure is authorized or legally mandated.
- Employees must protect confidential and proprietary information entrusted to them by Shishi AS, partners, customers and supplliers, except when disclosure is authorized or legally mandated.
- Those who use or have access to such information, including co-workers’ personal information are responsible for keeping it safe and using it only for legitimate and appropriate reasons.
Shishi AS are against corruption and neither make bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf. It is not permitted that employees and partners try to control individuals' decisions through inappropriate influence or that you allow yourself to influence through bribery. Corruption and bribery are a threat to good business conduct and will damage our reputation and our credibility.
Shishi AS is respecting cultural, ethnic, sexual and religious differences, and will not tolerate discrimination, bullying and harassment of any kind.
Shishi AS respect its competitors and support free and fair competition
- Shishi AS respect the environment and try every day to ensure and provide a safe, secure, healthy and clean working environment.
- Every employee at Shishi AS can and should, within the sphere of his/her responsibilities and influence, contribute to the protection of the environment.
- Shishi AS is working with its suppliers to reduce garbage focusing on packaging and are constantly trying to find a better environmental alternative, less plastic, less packaging, recyclable, biodegradable alternative, where it is possible considering the safety of the product.
Requirements to Supply Chain Conditions
Shishi AS work with suppliers in China, India, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Europe and US.
Shishi AS works with medium-sized well-managed factories engaged in mass production and has tools that machinery and technology, as well as small factories / production sites operating more specialized focusing on a material, a product, handicrafts and handmade products. Often this kind of producers can do real handcrafted and handmade products and has the knowledge and skills that is worth to support and to take care of in the future.
Some of these factories / production sites brings out work to villages where workers can make small production at home, thus contributing to the workers who for any reason cannot travel, must be at home because of children or other reasons, can earn extra money. This work is also important for the community at small and rural areas.
Shishi AS have prepared this code of conduct to illustrate what we expect of our suppliers and business partners
Human Dignity and labor
- Shishi AS expects the supplier to comply, as a minimum, with all applicable local laws and regulations related to labor and employment including, but not limited to, minimum wage, maximum hours of work, days of rest, compensation, freedom of association, right to organize and collective bargaining.
- The minimum age for workers should follow the national law
- No person under the age of 18 shall be engaged in labour that is hazardous to their health, safety or morals, including night work.
- There shall be no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour.
- Suppliers shall not tolerate any kind of discrimination and harassment based on ethnic background, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
Laws and Regulations
Shishi AS promotes integrity and ethics in all aspects of its activities and expects the supplier to comply with all applicable laws and regulations on corruption, bribery, prohibited business practices and extortion in the country of their operations.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Shishi AS expects that the suppliers follows all national laws, regulations and standards concerning health, environment, and safety for its employees in all significant aspects of its activities to provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- Shishi AS expects that environmental protection is a priority for the supplier in all significant aspects of its activities.